Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hello, Iron Girl here. Today is the first day of a weekly series I will be writing. so, please come back and continue reading, there are great things in store.



Like a lot of people, I have seen the Avengers. And, I suppose like everyone, It would awesome to be an Avenger myself. To have fly around in an Iron suit, saving the day, or to have the talent of an expert marksman. We all have the same dream in that way.
So I got to thinking, since I'm a Christian, it wouldn't be very God-like of me to go around killing people, would it? no, but I thought, why can't I be an Avenger for God? use that excitement I have for the movies and put it towards a worth while goal!

Welcome to the introduction of 'An Avenger for Christ.'

Romans 2: 21-22
You therefor, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? you who preach that one shall not steal, do you steal? You who say that one should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? you who abhor idols, do you rob temples?

what I'm trying to say is, what I am going to be writing about applies to me too. I need to work on things myself as well. Please don't think I'm coming at this from a standpoint of: I've got all this down and other people need to know it. No, this is a learning experience for me too.

Martyrs for Christ, we all know about them. Back when people were forbidden to worship God, if they were found out, they would be beheaded, burned at the stake, tortured, I could go on if I wanted. In the Roman times, Christians were put in an arena with hungry lions. torn apart for the entertainment of others. We are so blessed to be able to praise God freely. So, an Avenger for Christ, avenge those Christians that died for their faith by bringing non believers to Christ.
In the next few days, I will go over each Avenger, and give you tips on how to preach the Gospel.
**note** I'm leaving out Thor and replacing him with Hawkeye. considering Thor is a supposed 'god'-note the small g. I hope you will come and learn with me.
the goal for me is this: Be the woman that when your feet hit the floor every morning, the devil says. 'Oh Crap! she's up!'

-Iron Girl 4 God.

To peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment