Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hello! Iron Girl here!

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post. Life has been a little crazy.

Today I want to write about friendships.

Maybe you have a best friend, or friends. I know I do. And I know I would never want that friendship(s) to be ruined.

Friends are very important to me, you can be crazy around them without fear of being looked at weird. And you can discuss things with them without fear of rejection.

That's the first thing I want to go over. [Note, this is geared towards the younger generation but I will do my best to bump it up a notch.]

Sometimes, when in search of a friend, we gravitate towards people who will accept us. As a fleshy human being, we automatically go towards acceptance and avoid rejection. But sometimes those people who accept us aren't the best people to be spending time with. When we meet someone, we need to make sure we do not let them influence us until there is no doubt that is a healthy relationship.

This is the circle of friendship. The first circle, [circle of concern] is for people you want to influence but not people you want influencing you. The second circle [circle of influence] is for the friends you are really close with and let influence you. The final circle [circle of intimacy] is for the person you have married (or will marry.) The last circle is a completely different subject matter I'm not going to get into today.

But, I went through and I marked my friends in this circle, I decided who I let influence me and my decisions. Maybe you want to do that too. Your choice.

Anyway, now I want to talk about the people you are already close to.

Now, just because you are good friends with someone doesn't mean there isn't a line that could be crossed. Me and my friends, we can be a little crazy, saying random things and such. But every time I'm about to say something, I have to think. 'is this really appropriate to be saying?' or 'am I going too far with what I am about to say?'
There is a very fine line to be crossed. And when you're in a friendship, you need to be aware are how far is too far.
Another thing, what if the person you're 'friends' with does something wrong? Are you going to approach them and tell them what you think? Think about it. If you're not comfortable with questioning someone about their actions when you know what they did was wrong, what kind of friendship do you have? Are you constantly tip-toeing because you're afraid of rejection?

Ask yourself this: Do I care about someone more then I care about the friendship?

I did a study on this subject a few days ago and it got me thinking. I wanted to share this because I know I DO NOT want to lose the friends I have. They are a real gem.

Proverbs 12:26
A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

  
Thanks for reading! 

-Iron Girl!

To peace!   

No comments:

Post a Comment